Thursday, September 27, 2007
Why Put These Things in the News?
I just don't get why TV Patrol World shows stuff such as starlets on the newest cover on magazines such as Maxim and FHM. What do I care about those things? Why promote these starlets who do not have any real talent? Does it have to come down to splaying their bodies all over the news just to inform the Filipinos that "Hey! This is our starlet who hasn't been famous even though we have given them tons of shows already!" Instead of listening to important news about the things going on in our country, I have to kick back and hear about how Saicy is sexier than Wendy or that Roxanne is the newest White Castle model. For the record, I don't even know what White Castle is. Even though it is categorized under "Star Patrol", I still do not get why these pieces of information should be that important even by celebrity news standards. These pieces of scrap should be found in programs such as The Buzz whose audience are "curious" people. Furthermore, underage people like me watch the news. I do not want to be informed about what size Angelica Panganiban is wearing during her photoshoot of a certain billboard. No wonder even children like Dindin are being molested what with pages of pornographic materials being shown. It is not only demeaning but goes to show the kind of journalism is being broadcasted to this Godforsaken country. It is bad enough that we have these politicians ranting about the ZTE Broadband deal. Do we have to add sexy starlets to the news lineup to complete the show of how bad our country and industry is?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment